MIPS Minute: Congratulations on completing 2018 MIPS reporting!
Congratulations on reaching the end of 2018 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) reporting! You can view your preliminary results using HARP credentials in the QPP portal.
Your final score and feedback will be available in July 2019. Between now and June 30, 2019, your score could change based on the following:
- Special status scoring considerations (e.g., hospital-based clinicians)
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality performance category
- Claims measures to include the 60-day run out period
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS Survey results
- Advancing Care Information Hardship Application status
- Improvement Study participation and results
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
The 2019 performance year is now upon us. After taking a brief moment to celebrate successful completion of 2018 reporting, let’s start looking at your post-submission checklist.
1) Create an audit folder – paper or electronic
- Make sure all MIPS documentation is in the folder
- Documentation may include screenshots/printouts of data submitted, proof of activities reported via attestation, individual measure data reports, etc.
- Make sure more than one person can access the folder
- Hold onto documentation for at least six years
2) Keep an eye out for Feedback reports
- Feedback reports are projected to come out in July 2019
- Review your feedback report and scores for accuracy
- Submit a targeted review if necessary
3) Prepare for 2019 reporting requirements
- Select quality measures, pay attention to topped out status
- If you have not already done so, upgrade to 2015 Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT)
- Review requirements for the restructured Promoting Interoperability category
- Remember, the minimum threshold to avoid a penalty is doubling to 30 points in 2019!
- If you need help planning your reporting strategy, contact our expert QPP team at 1-844-357-0589 or firstname.lastname@example.org