C. diff-NHIN Participation Agreement
Our facility would like to participate in the National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative – Maryland and Virginia HQI Nursing Home Improvement Network and focus on tracking and preventing Clostridium difficile (C. diff) infections. We understand the expectations for this cooperative project and agree to participate fully through July 2019. This is a long-term commitment to work on infection control practices and quality improvement. We commit to:
- Form an interdisciplinary team in our organization to utilize a data-driven and proactive approach to quality improvement, identify opportunities for improvement, address gaps in systems and improve systems of care through planned interventions in order to improve quality
- Identify a team sponsor and a day-to-day leader
- Enroll the facility in NHSN and register users within the Secure Access Management Services (SAMS)
- Participate in NHSN data training sessions
- Submit data during all required time periods and remain active in the C. diff initiative through December 2018
- Participate in other collaborative education sessions, conference calls, or webinars
- Share data, results, best practices, and lessons learned to contribute to state and national learning in this area. Data is aggregated at the state and national levels.
- Form an interdisciplinary team to work with HQI on systems impacting quality of care and to improve systems of care in areas identified for improvement.
- Complete and update annually the QAPI self-assessment and then develop and apply strategies for QAPI implementation.
- Grant permission to HQI to publicly disclose participation in this initiative