HQI is partnering with outpatient clinicians to reduce the inappropriate use of antibiotics. The goal of this project is to decrease antibiotic resistance by increasing the number of outpatient settings that have incorporated all Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship.
As a participant in this no-cost initiative, you will:
- Receive education for outpatient settings on the fundamentals of Antibiotic Stewardship and the risks of misuse/overuse of antibiotics
- Receive education on the Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship, education for patients on Antibiotic Stewardship, and antibiotics
- Gain experience in assessing and determining which Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship are in place and/or needed in your setting
- Acquire tools to assess for and implement Antibiotic Stewardship
- Have an opportunity to participate in a multidisciplinary advisory team on Antibiotic Stewardship
Network with and learn from other experts in your state and the country working together on Antibiotic Stewardship
- Participate in Learning and Action Network (LAN) activities that promote and spread best practices in Antibiotic Stewardship in outpatient settings
For more information, contact Deb Smith, email@example.com, or Katie Richards, firstname.lastname@example.org.